Taya Kevwitch is the Senior Marketing Specialist at Radiology Imaging Associates and Invision Sally Jobe
June 30, 2020breast cancer awareness, Mammogram, Mammography
Facts on Breast Cancer and Why Mammograms
According to the CDC, after skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common cancer among American women. And, mammograms are the best way to find breast cancer early. This is when it is easier to treat and before the cancer becomes big enough to feel or cause symptoms.
We have information on our site to help you navigate your mammogram exam. Because your health and wellness are always our priority, we keep you informed on the issues that affect you most.
Here are some Facts (1) About Breast Cancer to motivate you to schedule your exam today:
– Each year in the United States, more than 245,000 women get breast cancer and more than 40,000 women die from the disease.
– Men also get breast cancer, but it is not very common. Less than 1% of breast cancers occur in men.
– Most breast cancers are found in women who are 50 years old or older, but breast cancer also affects younger women.
– About 10% of all new cases of breast cancer in the United States are found in women younger than 45 years of age.
1. https://www.invisionsallyjobe.com/services/mammography-screening/ )