Annie Collum, BSN, RN is the RIA Senior Manager, Physician Liaison in Denver, Colorado
September 27, 2022genetic counseling
Genetic Counseling at Invision Sally Jobe
Genetic Counseling: Our genetic counselors can help your patients understand their risk for a variety of cancers.
Genetic counseling is a service provided by Invision Sally Jobe to help patients and families with a history of cancer better understand and manage their risk of developing cancer(s) through genetic risk assess- ment and genetic testing. This information may also impact current cancer treatment/surgical decisions. Our genetic counselor translates complex genetic information into understand- able recommendations for patients, physicians, and families.
The benefits of genetic testing may include:
• An explanation for your personal and/or family cancer history
• Information and evaluation of your risk of developing future cancers
• Help with making informed medical decisions including:
^ Treatment for an already diagnosed cancer
^ Surveillance for additional cancer risks
^ Preventative options for detection and prevention of future cancer
• Identification of at risk relatives for whom genetic testing may be recommended
• Qualification for clinical trial participation