Annie Collum, BSN, RN is the RIA Senior Manager, Physician Liaison in Denver, Colorado
January 24, 2023genetic counseling, patient care
Genetic Counseling Is Available at Invision Sally Jobe
Genetic counseling is a service provided by Invision Sally Jobe to help patients and families with a history of cancer better understand and manage their risk of developing cancer(s) through genetic risk assessment and genetic testing. This information may also impact current cancer treatment/surgical decisions.
Our genetic counselor translates complex genetic information into understandable recommendations for patients, physicians, and families.
The benefits of genetic testing may include:
• An explanation for your personal and/or family cancer history
• Information and evaluation of your risk of developing future cancers
• Help with making informed medical decisions including:
– Treatment for an already diagnosed cancer
– Surveillance for additional cancer risks
– Preventative options for detection and prevention of future cancer
• Identification of at riak relatives for whom genetic testing may be recommended
• Qualification for clinical trial participation