Radiology technologists perform a variety of diagnostic X-ray exams and special procedures in accordance with exam procedures and protocols using independent judgment to ensure optimal diagnostic quality and exceptional patient care. Radiology technologists are responsible for accurately positioning patients and ensuring that a quality diagnostic image is produced. They work closely with radiologists, the physicians who interpret medical images, to either diagnose or rule out disease or injury. For the images to be interpreted correctly by the radiologist, the imaging examination must be performed properly by a radiology technologist. Radiology technologists perform diagnostic X-ray procedures as ordered, achieving a high level of quality and timeliness.
What you can expect from your radiology technologist at Invision Sally Jobe:
• Escorts patients to treatment room
• Completes all paperwork necessary to ensure timely delivery of X-ray services
• Explains X-ray procedures to address patient concerns and questions
• Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff
• Assists patients with positioning on exam table
We have the best team at Invision Sally Jobe, and radiology technologists are an important part. Find out more about one of the exams our technologists perform, the computerized axial tomographic scan: invisionsallyjobe.com/services/ct-scan.
(photo: Nick is a radiology tech at our southwest Invision Sally Jobe location)