Invision Sally Jobe can provide you with a personalized assessment of your risk for certain types of cancer.
The Risk Assessment and Prevention Program
The Risk Assessment and Prevention Program (RAPP) at Invision Sally Jobe provides patients with a personalized assessment of their risk for breast cancer. Every patient who comes to Invision Sally Jobe for any type of breast imaging exam receives this initial assessment. After the exam, any relevant recommendations are communicated to their referring physician(s) as part of the imaging report, as well as to the patient directly in a separate letter. Patients who have already had breast cancer are evaluated as well, to determine whether their cancer might have been caused by a hereditary breast cancer syndrome.
Should you consider Genetic Counseling?
Genetic Counseling for breast cancer risk is recommended when one or more of the following apply:
– A person is diagnosed with breast cancer under the age of 45
– Breast cancer occurs in someone in the family prior to age 45
– Breast cancer occurs in more than one person in the family
– Breast cancer is associated with other cancers in the family, such as ovarian, pancreatic, uterine or thyroid
– Breast cancer is associated with Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry (Jewish descent with ancestors from Eastern Europe)
– Breast cancer occurs in a male person in the family
About 5 to 10% of breast cancer is hereditary and passed through families. A Genetic Counselor can closely examine your personal and family history.
Learn more about genetic counseling and if it’s right for you: https://www.invisionsallyjobe.com/services/genetic-counseling.